The next meeting is scheduled to be held at Fraser Valley Regional Library on Friday, October 25, 2019. Save the date.
9:00 – 9:30 Greeting / Overview Innovative Interfaces
9:30 – 10:30 Innovative topics 1 Innovative Interfaces
10:30 – 10:45 Break
10:45 – 12:00 Innovative topics 2 Innovative Interfaces
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
13:00 – 13:30 Inventory / matching Julie Cole
13:30 – 14:00 Langara projects Philip Wong
14:00 – 14:15 Weeding lists Trevor Smith
14:15 – 14:45 Cloud migration Olga Kalachinskaya
14:45 – 15:00 Break
15:00 – 16:00 Round Table
For more information, please contact Ryan Vernon (email@example.com).
The next meeting is scheduled to be held at Langara College Friday November 2, 2018. Save the date.
Location: Douglas College, New Westminster campus
Questions? Ask Olga Kalachinskaya
Systems and Access Services Librarian
Douglas College Library
Phone: 604 527 5188
West Vancouver Memorial Library
9:00 – 9:30 Welcome & Introductions
9:30 – 12:00 Morning Session
• Innovative Presentations: Decision Centre, Linked Data and New Discovery OPAC
• 10:30 Break
• Innovative: Knowledge Base and Roadmap for III products.
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch Break
12:45 Tour of WVML (optional)
1:15 – 4:00 Afternoon Session
• 1:15 Roundtable Discussion
• 2:15 Break
• 2:30 Breakout Sessions
• 3:30 Next meeting & wrap up
If you are coming to the meeting, please send an email to Andrea (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please also include any special dietary information. If you need transit or parking information, please visit the library’s website at https://westvanlibrary.ca/visit/library/location-hours.
The next WCIUG meeting will be held the morning of May 10 in the Library Boardroom of the Kwantlen Richmond campus.
To register for this, please contact Frances (email@example.com).
For directions/parking see: http://www.kpu.ca/parking-transit/maps
9am | welcome and introductions
9:15-10:30am | update from Innovative (Beatrice Pitocco)
10:30-10:45am | coffee, tea, cookies
10:45-11:45am | Round Robin from participants
11:45-noon | plan for Fall meeting
In the afternoon, BCCATS will hold their annual meeting from 1 to 4pm in the same Boardroom. If you plan to attend this, please RSVP to Samuel by noon on May 5 (Samuel.Richmond@vpl.ca).
See you there!
The University of Northern British Columbia will be hosting load profile training April 5-7, 2016.
- Private bedrooms
- Shared kitchen, living room and restroom
- Free wifi
- Access to the Northern Sports Centre – awesome facility
- Full meal plan (breakfast, lunch, dinner are all included)
- Free parking
- 65.00/night (with 4 residents in the suite)
- 68.50/night (with 3 residents in the suite)
- 75.00/night (with 2 residents in the suite)
- 95.00/night (single occupancy)
The WCIUG meeting was hosted by Simon Fraser University, Burnaby on May 21, 2015.
Access the meeting minutes here: http://wciug.wikispaces.com/Minutes
Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 (the day after BCLA)
Capilano University, Bosa Centre Room B313
2055 Purcell Way, North Vancouver, BC
The event will be available via webcast
Schedule of Events
8:30 – 9:15 — Breakfast in Bosa 313
9:15 – 9:30 — Welcome and Introductions (Grace Makarewicz)
9:30 – 12:00 — Morning Session
- 9:30 — Library Futures (Joe Murphy)
- 10:30 — Corporate Update (Marjorie McLaughlin)
- 10:50 — Short Break
- 11:00 — Sierra Road Map (Bill Easton)
- 11:30 — Live Demo Encore EDS/Decision Centre Latest Features (Chris Loveday)
12:00 – 1:00 — Lunch Break
- 12:30 – 1:00 — Optional Bosa Building Tour
1:00 – 4:30 — Afternoon Session
- 1:00 — Member Presentations
- 2:00 — Roundtable Discussion
- 2:45 — Short Break
- 3:00 — Breakout Sessions
- 4:00 — Closing Remarks and Future WCIUG Planning
- 4:30 — Goodbyes
Post Meeting Survey
Thank you for participating in the WCIUG 2014 meeting. We kindly ask you to fill out this short survey: http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/frank-v/wciug-meeting-response-survey-2014/. Your input is valuable and helps keep our forums useful and relevant to your needs.
Please make sure that you slot the Western Canada Innovative Users Group Meeting into your calendars.
The event will also be available via webcast at http://www.langara.bc.ca/library/iug/wciug.html.
If you any questions, please contact Brent Searle at Langara via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (604) 323-5541.